We recently added a new feature here at CFBTN. If you go to the Teams menu, you'll find the option to look at team statistics for 2005 to 2013. To celebrate, I've decided to do a short series on the best performers across a few interesting teams statistics since 2005. Today, we're going to look at opponent-adjusted effective points per possession (EP3+).
- Only three teams made the list between 2005 and 2009. Six have made the list in the four season since.
- That makes USC's 2.29 in 2005 even more impressive.
- Georgia Tech led the country in 2009 with 1.58, 3/4 of a point lower than Texas A&M (2012).
- Only Baylor has made the list twice (though the Bears slip through only if you round up in 2012).
- Only Hawai'i (2006) tops 2 EP3+ from a non-BCS conference after adjusting for competition. Hawai'i scored 3.88 points per possession that season.