Current contest period: Nov. 24, 2012 - Dec. 15, 2012Here at CFBTN we love statistics, and we assume our readers love them as well. Because we love statistics and we love our readers, and we assume our readers love statistics and don't dislike money, we have decided to give our readers, and potential future readers, and anyone else that doesn't dislike money a chance to become rich and famous and get access to more really cool stats . . . all at the same time. I'll give you a moment to let that soak in . . . .
Here's how it works. Readers and all others that don't dislike money are invited to find cool, interesting, fun college football statistics/facts and submit them using Twitter, Facebook or Google+. Tweets must include hashtag #statchallenge. Posts on Facebook and Google+ should tag +College Football by the Numbers. The coolest submission during each contest period wins 50% of CFBTN's ad revenue during the period or a $10 Amazon gift card, and the submission and submitter will be awarded a spot in the CFBTN Hall of Fame.
1) Winners will be chosen each week by Brent and I, Scott. In addition to the awesomeness of the stat we will give extra consideration to submissions that generate more interest (retweets, likes, etc.) and submissions that include a link to this page. Hint: tweets that mention @cfbtn or @brentblackwell are more likely to be retweeted by us and generate more interest.
2) Submissions must be relevant. I will use the following guidelines to determine if a submission is relevant: 1) it deals with college football, 2) it is in some way numerical or statistical in nature, 3) it in no way references the Baylor Bears because they play tag football, 4) it is awesome. I, Scott, reserve the right to dismiss any submission I deem to be irrelevant or inaccurate.
3) If more than one participant submits the same statistic/fact, the first submission will be recognized and all others will be disqualified. I, Scott, have final word on whether or not two or more tweets are citing the same statistic/fact.
5) A participant may submit as many statistics as they wish, but these submissions will be considered independently.
6) I, Scott, am the final authority on all issues relevant to the CFBTN Stat Challenge. Please submit your questions/concerns to me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Post a Comment